05:00 pm - 07:00 pmClick to Register: Click to Register
Crossing Party Lines: Portland, OR
This month, Amazon refused to add the new documentary “What Killed Michael Brown?” to its content, stating the documentary did not meet “content quality expectations.” Amazon is not the only streaming service to take down (or in this case refuse to put up) content and “What Killed Michael Brown?” is not the first high-profile example of this. Earlier this year “Planet of Humans” and “Plandemic” met with similar fates.
In this meeting we will look at the films as we attempt to understand why we are seeing so much content being removed from the internet.
For each film we will ask:
– What is the stated reason for taking it down?
– Do we think there is an unstated reason? If so, what might that be?
We will then step back and discuss the overall trend:
– What harm is there in taking these films down?
– What harm is there in leaving them up?
– Amazon Uncancels Shelby Steele (https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-uncancels-shelby-steele-11603495076)
-Climate experts call for ‘dangerous’ Michael Moore film to be taken down (https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/apr/28/climate-dangerous-documentary-planet-of-the-humans-michael-moore-taken-down)
– ‘Planet of The Humans’ Documentary Is Back Up On Youtube Today (https://planetofthehumans.com/2020/06/05/planet-of-the-humans-documentary-is-back-up-on-youtube-today/)
– How the ‘Plandemic’ Movie and Its Falsehoods Spread Widely Online (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/20/technology/plandemic-movie-youtube-facebook-coronavirus.html)
– The anti-vaxx agenda of ‘Plandemic’ (https://bigthink.com/coronavirus/the-plandemic?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1)
Join the Crossing Party Lines discussion and have a voice in our Nation’s Conversation! People of all views are welcomed, appreciated, and heard.
We would love to hear your thoughts on our social media pages. Don’t miss topic announcements, updates, news! Follow us on:
Instagram @crossingpartylines Instagram.com/crossingpartylines
Twitter @crosspartylines Twitter.com/CrossPartyLines
Facebook @crossingpartylines Facebook.com/crossingpartylines