05:00 pm - 07:00 pmClick to Register: Click to Register
Crossing Party Lines: Portland, OR
At Crossing Party Lines, we understand that politics is not a simple matter of Red or Blue – there’s an enormous range of colors on the political spectrum. You can even find different “shades” within a single party.
The Pew Research Center recently released a report titled Beyond Red vs. Blue: The Political Typology that offers a fresh look into American politics, finding that it’s about more than the Democratic and Republican parties. Their survey of over 10,000 people yielded nine distinct political sub-groups:
• Progressive Left
• Establishment Liberals
• Democratic Mainstays
• Outsider Left
• Stressed Sideliners
• Faith and Flag Conservatives
• Committed Conservatives
• Populist Right
• Ambivalent Right
You can read summaries of the groups here: https://crossingpartylines.com/PewTypologySummary.pdf
Does reading this report change the way you talk or think about American politics today? Let’s discuss!
Join the Crossing Party Lines discussion and have a voice in our Nation’s Conversation! People of all views are welcomed, appreciated, and heard.
Want more information?
– Pew Typology Summary (https://crossingpartylines.com/PewTypologySummary.pdf)
– Beyond Red vs. Blue: The Political Typology (https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/11/09/beyond-red-vs-blue-the-political-typology-2/)
We would love to hear your thoughts on our social media pages. Don’t miss topic announcements, updates, news! Follow us on:
• Instagram @crossingpartylines (Instagram.com/crossingpartylines)
• Twitter @crosspartylines (Twitter.com/CrossPartyLines)
• Facebook @crossingpartylines (Facebook.com/crossingpartylines)