05:00 pm - 07:00 pmClick to Register: Click to Register
Crossing Party Lines: Portland, OR
Last year we saw the highest unemployment rate in history. Now, we’re seeing “The Great Resignation” – a record number of people quitting their jobs. While having a large number of job openings is good for anyone looking for work, going too long without filling those jobs can be bad for the economy.
One intriguing aspect of the current employment situation is that it isn’t just happening in the US. The UK is also experiencing both extreme numbers of job vacancies and unemployment higher than pre-pandemic levels. According to Deloitte, the situation is global. It’s also interesting that experts don’t agree about what’s causing the situation or how to rectify it.
Whether the shortage is due to continued pandemic fears, government benefits, or people holding out for something better – we want to hear your concerns and experiences during these record-setting times.
• Are you an employer facing these staffing challenges?
• Have you or someone you know left their job? Why?
Join the Crossing Party Lines discussion and have a voice in our Nation’s Conversation! People of all views are welcomed, appreciated, and heard.
For information on this topic:
– (1:59) Data shows Americans are quitting their jobs at record rates (https://youtu.be/WhgaClmrA9k)
– U.S. quits scale record high, millions of job openings as labor market tightens (https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-economy-jobs-idUSKBN2H21CZ)
– Global labour shortages: Just how bad can it get? (https://think.ing.com/articles/labour-shortages-how-bad-can-it-get)
– Global Labor Shortage (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insights/economy/global-labor-shortage.html)
We would love to hear your thoughts on our social media pages. Don’t miss topic announcements, updates, news! Follow us on:
Instagram @crossingpartylines Instagram.com/crossingpartylines
Twitter @crosspartylines Twitter.com/CrossPartyLines
Facebook @crossingpartylines Facebook.com/crossingpartylines