05:00 pm - 07:00 pmClick to Register: Click to Register
Crossing Party Lines: Portland, OR
On October 5th, Frances Haugen, a former data scientist at Facebook, told Congress, “I’m here today because I believe Facebook’s products harm children, stoke division and weaken our democracy.”
The information exposed by Haugen has led to cries for congressional action. Facebook has been advocating for some form of internet regulations for years, but can that address the deeper concerns the public has about the company’s business model?
Indeed, there are many industries that draw revenue from the work of algorithms, ad clicks, and targeted advertising. What makes this latest news different? We want to hear from you:
• What, if any, problems do you see with regards to how Facebook operates?
• What are some solutions to those problems?
• Has this latest batch of information changed the way you use Facebook?
Join the Crossing Party Lines discussion and have a voice in our Nation’s Conversation! People of all views are welcomed, appreciated, and heard.
– (0:31) Whistleblower says Facebook algorithm promotes hate (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/whistleblower-says-facebook-algorithm-promotes-hate/vp-AAPXmxX)
– Five Surprising Things Whistleblower Frances Haugen Said During Facebook Testimony
– Facebook’s web page on their proposed framework (https://about.facebook.com/regulations/)
We would love to hear your thoughts on our social media pages. Don’t miss topic announcements, updates, news! Follow us on:
• Instagram @crossingpartylines (Instagram.com/crossingpartylines)
• Twitter @crosspartylines (Twitter.com/CrossPartyLines)
• Facebook @crossingpartylines (Facebook.com/crossingpartylines)