2024 promises to be one of American Politics’ most contentious years ever. We at Crossing Party Lines are doing everything we can to expand our reach so we can help more Americans learn to talk across differences, become informed voters by exploring issues from all angles, and build communities where all voices are heard and appreciated. And…We will need your help.
We are looking to expand our board, filling open positions with individuals who are passionate about our work and excited to be lending a helping hand, a key introduction, or words of advice.
Note: All our Board Meetings are Virtual.
Meetings will be held the first Sunday of the month, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- January – Looking forward to year ahead, Measuring success, Fundraising goals/plan
- March – NWOC, Program update presentation from Staff
- May – Mid-year budget vs Actual
- Sept – Plan for Giving Season, Elect officers, Board recruitment
- Oct – Budget presentation – get feedback
- Dec — Year in review, Fundraising push, Approve budget
At each meeting: Committee updates, Bridging news, ED report, etc.
What We’re Seeking
We particularly encourage those with interest or expertise in these specific areas to apply:
- Professional or lived experience advancing diversity of thought in America, and interest in bringing our services into the corporate space;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Experience in finance and/or accounting;
- Legal experience.
- Interest in serving as Board Secretary.
Crossing Party Lines is proud of the fact that “we walk our talk.” Having a diversity of perspectives and life experiences on our board is critical to understanding and effectively meeting the needs of our country, members, staff, and the communities in which our chapters call home. Because of that, we encourage and embrace differing perspectives in our board members: perspectives that are formed through lived experiences, by where we live, how we were raised, the groups we identify with or belong to, and more. We strongly encourage rural voices, a mix of political views, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ people, recent immigrants, people with disabilities, and applicants from diverse generational, economic, religious and educational backgrounds to apply.
For more about the role, please review the full board position description here.
- Explore our website to learn more about the CPL organization.
- Review our Mission and Vision Statements.
- Read our By-Laws and a full description of Board Member responsibilities.
- Familiarize yourself with Board Roles and Committee Descriptions
- Check out our Strategic Plan.
- Learn about our new projects for 2024.
If you’d like to take the next step, please let us know more about you by completing the form below.
If you have questions, please email our board co-chair, Lisa swallow at Lisa@CrossingPartyLines.com