Have a conversation that brings America together.
Crossing Party Lines creates warm and engaging conversations with Americans who see the world differently,
to increase tolerance, build community, and encourage civic cooperation.
Every week, we discuss important and controversial topics. Participation is open to all, with or without membership. You decide which topics interest you, then sign up on Meetup to attend.
Americans from all walks of life representing the full political spectrum.
- Some align fully within their designated party, while others identify based on values and topics.
- Within party affiliation, many participants self-identify along the spectrum of conservative, moderate, liberal, or progressive.
- Yet others self-identify along the spectrum dependent on the topic, for example, fiscally conservative and socially liberal.
Why cross party lines?
Here’s what our members tell us:
- “Coming to CPL meetings gives me a broader, more nuanced understanding of the issues.”
- “I love having a chance to learn and practice skills that help me talk with my friends and family members, even the ones that don’t vote like me.”
- “When I come, I am reminded that most Americans aren’t as crazy as the media makes them out to be.”
- “I like being part of a community that doesn’t judge based on party views.”
- “I feel more hopeful.”
- “I think it helps me be a better person.”